View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
Captain Mark
AF Enthusiast

Studio27 1/20 BAR Honda 006 - Completed (Finally!) Pics

Hi all,

Well I wasn't sure this completed pics thread would ever come to exist...! But, I finally succeeded in getting my first ever multi-media kit finished.

I won't go into lots of details about the build as you can see all of my comments in my progress thread found here:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=341686

20 months of building, lots of frustration and annoyance (this thing nearly became a boomerang so many times...), but at the same time it's also been some of my most enjoyable modeling ever. A big thanks also to those of you who have given support, advice, encouragement, and made various posts in my progress thread - it's been very helpful and much appreciated. It's amazing how much motivation the positive words can have to continue on with a very difficult build.

Anyway, without further ado, the results of my effots on my first multi-media kit...

You can see part of the RedFive seatbelts here, which I highly recommend. I forgot to get a full picture of the seatbelt hardware, but you can see it in the progress thread. If you look closely you can also see the radiators tucked away inside the side pods.

Notice the Michellin tire reflection in the rear wing end plate - my airbrushing is starting to get a point where I don't have to polish my clear coats, which was the case with this end plate where the smoothness/reflectiveness is essentially good enough without me playing with polishing cloths and compound.

And with that my friends, this build finally comes to a close.
I'd love to hear any comments or constructive criticism you guys can offer.

Cheers all,
Mark