View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 09:34 AM   #5
madonion48
AF Regular

Re: Porsche 911 (993) GT2 track car

Hi GvEman, thank you.

Yes I paint it completely. The clear part (headlight glass) is glued with just some clear using a paintbrush. Being clear, it will dry invisible.

What I did to the inside of the headlight:
- started to drill a hole which I left incomplete, to expose the black of the plastic and to simulate the parking light bulb;
- I then drilled the lens completely and replaced it with a clear plastic rod from the clear sprue of the kit. I just rounded it on one side and polished it to have it very glossy;
- before inserting the new "lens", I sprayed some Tamiya smoke paint over the headlight, in order to get the dark look.
What I should have done (and I didn't) was to paint the headlight glass rim (it has a small one) with smoke paint.

For the panel lines, I just made them really deep with a thin needle. I put the needle in the drill tool to hold it, just like a pen. Works like a charm, especially for rounded panel lines. In my pictures they have a little white in them, its just polish paste that I will remove.

I want to redo the turn signal lights, by creating the inside part. This will make it look very realistic, as there will be depth.