Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

adding turbo

nyckreyna
03-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Is there any special mods you have to make to add a turbo to a 1993 dodge stealth es

Polygon
03-22-2010, 09:39 PM
The fact that you're asking this is a sure sign you're over your head. However, to answer your question, yes! A very big yes. There are a lot of supporting modifications you will have to do. I'll wait for Stealthee to post because I'm lazy.

Igovert500
03-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Check the first post in teh FAQ, under "TT conversion". Lots of good info there to give you a basic idea of parts you would need to add one or 2 turbos

nyckreyna
03-25-2010, 01:24 PM
The fact that you're asking this is a sure sign you're over your head. However, to answer your question, yes! A very big yes. There are a lot of supporting modifications you will have to do. I'll wait for Stealthee to post because I'm lazy.
ok if your not going to help then why post it don make any sence

Igovert500
03-25-2010, 01:43 PM
ok if your not going to help then why post it don make any sence

Because it's a complicated job, that isn't done in your driveway with a set of socket wrenches Saturday afternoon. It requires gathering quite a few parts that weren't necessarily designed to bolt right up with each other. Some fabrication and hardwork is necessary. There isn't a standard answer, because it's more in depth of a question than "how do I change my oil?"

He didn't mean any harm by it, just simply put, alot of people ask that question, and generally speaking, if you have to ask, you probably are in fact "in over your head"

AutostradaVR4
03-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Don't take offence, but for a novice I'd recommend selling your ES and getting a TT/VR4. Once you start adding labor costs it becomes more economical to just start with a TT.

nyckreyna
03-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Don't take offence, but for a novice I'd recommend selling your ES and getting a TT/VR4. Once you start adding labor costs it becomes more economical to just start with a TT.
I would love to do that but in my area its hard to find this car in any form

AutostradaVR4
03-25-2010, 05:43 PM
yea, TX isnt really the best market for these cars for some reason. I had to drive ~200 miles to get mine...and i may be driving to TN to get another lol.

nyckreyna
03-25-2010, 05:50 PM
yea, TX isnt really the best market for these cars for some reason. I had to drive ~200 miles to get mine...and i may be driving to TN to get another lol.
yeah tell me about it but see my brother is a mechanic and my dad and im about to start school for it so they make me do research data and then help me do it. Its just a project car so thats my i asked the question.:lol:

Add your comment to this topic!