Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Jimmy oil pressure problem

NWDemjen
03-19-2010, 05:22 PM
i have a 95 Jimmy 4.3 vortec with 98000 miles on it after about 10 minutes i loose all oil pressure but i wont let ir run enough to start knocking i put in a brand new oil pump but still does it someone said something about the oil pressure sending union bein bad or do u think bottom half the motor is shot?

old_master
03-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Don't rely on the oil gauge in the dash, they are not known for their accuracy. Rent or buy a manual oil pressure gauge and test it. Something else to consider is if the fuel delivery system has a leak inside the plenum, excess fuel will drain into the oil and thin it out which will cause oil pressure to drop. Usually you'll notice a driveability issue if that happens though. A fuel pressure and leakdown test would confirm if there's a leak. Takes about 10 minutes to run the test, but you'll need a fuel pressure tester and they're available at most auto parts stores for under $40. Harbor Freight has one for under $20, not "professional quality" but it works.

NWDemjen
03-21-2010, 09:48 PM
thanx bud i know its not leaking fuel into the oil checked that already working on testing the actual oil pressure thanx

Add your comment to this topic!