Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hissing Badger 350

pharr7226
02-13-2010, 11:26 PM
I have a Badger 350 airbrush that I purchase about a year ago. Based on the hissing that I hear, I’m losing air pressure at the hose fitting. I use the same hose on another airbrush without any problems, so I know the problem is not the hose. Does anyone have any suggestions. Also, If I have to the hose fitting, how would I remove it? I've looked at the schematic diagram for the airbrush and Badger sells a replacement hose fitting. But, I can't figure out how to remove the hose fitting.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Lownslow
02-14-2010, 01:48 PM
send it to badger theyll fix it for free unless its damaged all their ABs have lifetime warranties

935k3
02-14-2010, 07:56 PM
The air hose fitting is pressed into the body of the airbrush. I had a 350 years ago and got rid of of it because the fitting started falling out. I would never again buy a plastic airbrush. I replaced it with a Pasche model H which is very similar but all metal. You can get a H model set with all 3 tip sizes jars and hose for about $60.00, it will last a lifetime.

Lownslow
02-14-2010, 09:10 PM
The air hose fitting is pressed into the body of the airbrush. I had a 350 years ago and got rid of of it because the fitting started falling out. I would never again buy a plastic airbrush. I replaced it with a Pasche model H which is very similar but all metal. You can get a H model set with all 3 tip sizes jars and hose for about $60.00, it will last a lifetime.

oh its that airbrush yeah i dont think they warranty that

pharr7226
02-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the responses. I called Badger and left a message for someone in their airbrush customer service department. Hopefully, they will fix it. I've been snake bitten with airbrushes. My first one was a Testor's, which failed about the 5th time I used it. Testor's repaired it and it failed again. I then bought an Iwata Eclipse, which I love. But I generally use it for small parts and detail work. Also, the paint cup on the Iwata is too small for clear coats. If Badger won't fix the 350, I'll consider a new metal bodied airbrush.

Lownslow
02-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the responses. I called Badger and left a message for someone in their airbrush customer service department. Hopefully, they will fix it. I've been snake bitten with airbrushes. My first one was a Testor's, which failed about the 5th time I used it. Testor's repaired it and it failed again. I then bought an Iwata Eclipse, which I love. But I generally use it for small parts and detail work. Also, the paint cup on the Iwata is too small for clear coats. If Badger won't fix the 350, I'll consider a new metal bodied airbrush.
if youre talking clears youre better off getting yourself one of these its great for primers and clears without the cost.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92126

rsxse240
02-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Don't you just LOVE Harbor Freight? Cheap Chinese knock off tools that do their jobs nicely...and HF will warranty anything. They are like the Walmart of tools. haha

Lownslow
02-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Don't you just LOVE Harbor Freight? Cheap Chinese knock off tools that do their jobs nicely...and HF will warranty anything. They are like the Walmart of tools. haha

yup im half hour away from one

gtidude
02-16-2010, 09:41 AM
replace the dumpvalve

pharr7226
02-16-2010, 03:12 PM
replace the dumpvalve

gtidude,

I don't see a dump valve on the schematic for the airbrush. Are you referring to the air hose fitting?

gtidude
02-17-2010, 12:26 AM
hahahahaa, was just joking my friend. a turbo's dump valve makes a hissing noise.
just take the airbrush to a local badger agent and they will fix it for free.

pharr7226
02-17-2010, 03:04 PM
hahahahaa, was just joking my friend. a turbo's dump valve makes a hissing noise.
just take the airbrush to a local badger agent and they will fix it for free.
HaHa... You got me. Good one.

Ferrari TR
02-21-2010, 01:05 AM
Use the Iwata!
Mix your clear and put it in one of the Iwata squeeze bottles. you can keep filling your color cup as you need.

Add your comment to this topic!