Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Metro Code P1250 ?

02-12-2010, 08:02 PM
i have a 99 metro 1.0 3 cyl , i am getting this code ,P1250 , some one told me to change the gaskets on the throttlebody , do you get them from GM ? , am i on the right track , i changed the plugs cap rotor wires , not for this code , just wanted to know where i was starting from with the car , i just got it 2 weeks ago , i am only getting about 31 MPG , but it seams like it is running ok ,so any help will help , Thanks I am new to the metro cars , Thanks Frank From Near erie Pa

02-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Yes, you're on the right track. 1250 is the Early Fuel Evaporator circuit, which is a very impressive name for a heater that lives between the throttle body and the intake manifold. It is supplied power through a fuse in the underhood fuse box cryptically labeled PTC. I've heard of the gaskets going bad and allowing this thingy to short to ground, something about one gasket being paper and the other metal or something like that. The heater itself, when disconnected from the wiring harness, should read between .5 and 3 ohms reading across the two pins. If it burns out, it will read a lot more, probably infinity. If it's the above mentioned gasket problem, you'll probably find the fuse blown and both pins shorted to ground.

If your car is an automatic, you're not getting very good mileage. If it's a manual, something is horribly wrong, should be in the low 40's. Then again, it's winter, you have a check engine light on, you just got it, so it might just be a bunch of little things adding up to rob you of mileage. As you put things right, one little problem at a time, and you get used to driving it, it may come up drastically.

02-13-2010, 11:16 AM
i just found the fuse, its a 30 amp , and it is blown , i put a new one in and in a few sec. it blows , i called the chevy dealer in town, they tell me they cant get the two gaskets any more , so now what , any one know where i can get the two gaskets , The Car is a 1.0 3 cyl. 5 speed. i could make a gasket if its the paper one that is bad , but if it is ther othere one i dont think you could make that one , is the one that goes bad the top gasket , is it paper ? Thanks Frank

02-13-2010, 04:25 PM
i got the two gaskets comeing from Autopartswherehouse about $31 for the set with the S/H , the Fel-pro# is FP-61030 for the top gasket, and FP-61095 for the bottom gasket. Thanks Frank From Near Erie Pa :biggrin:

Add your comment to this topic!