Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Any have input or know first hand which AFC is better or works better with our cars?

carguyvr4
02-02-2010, 12:37 AM
I have a 93 vr4, my buddy offered me a hks super afc in place of my hks ebc.... i was looking at either that or the apexi afc price diff is a lot diff but I'm not familar with the hks afc tried to do research but not much comes up was curious if it be better just to get 100 for it or actualy take the controler?

Thanks

Stealthee
02-02-2010, 06:02 AM
You are probably not finding anything because its called a HKS AFR.

Also I don't see any info about it being a boost controller, but I haven't looked very hard either, so if you want to keep an EBC you have to stay with your EBC. The SAFC is also not a boost controller.

alan92rttt
02-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Stealthee its probably the AFR which is an air/fuel controller it is not a boost controller. Keep your EBC and if needed add the AFR. But you really don't need an AFR/AFC unless you plan to upgrade your fuel system(pump/injectors)

carguyvr4
02-04-2010, 03:35 AM
Sorry guys my fault I should have clarified more. I have a Greddy Profec ... my car had the hks ebc prior... my buddy wants my hks and offered me the AFR, i am looking to upgrade the fuel system and all once a few other things are set up first, Like a wideband. I was looking to see which AFR was better and if either one worked better with our vehicles.

Add your comment to this topic!