Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Magnum MPG'S?

bigred29067
01-31-2010, 03:38 PM
I've recentlly started looking around at getting another car and i think the magnums look really nice. What kind of Mileage do they get? I've seen that they come with 3 engines, What kind of mileage differences do they get. I drive a V8 tahoe now so i would really like to get better mileage...but i'm also a man so i would really like to have some POWER! Please let me know what the listed MPG's are for this vehicle and what you actually get for each engine. Thanks for all your help! oh, and let me know if your car is awd or rwd.

passnbyu
01-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi, I have a 2006 Magnum with the 2.7 V6. We really like it and it gets 27 mpg on the hwy. This is what I figured it out to be. I think if I bought another one it would have the 3.5 or even the V8 hemi. The Hemi shuts downs cylinders when your on the hwy to save on fuel. The 2.7 is very easy to work on. All kinds of room under the hood. You should get a magnum. We love ours!!

bigred29067
02-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the info. Anybody getting anything else with that engine? Really wanting some info on the bigger V6 and the HEMI...anybody have them?

spunbearings
02-03-2010, 03:13 PM
you could probably squeeze more mpg out of it by putting nitro in the tires, as far as the bigger 6 and hemi i think there is olny like 3mpg difference between the 2(22-25 mpg range). I know there is a gas guzzler tax for the hemi in PA and im not too sure if that gets handed down or not to the used car market, of course this was 4 years ago. Used v6's range from 13-15k depending on all whell drive and options. i think a manual transmission in a magnum is a myth, most came with automatic or the auto-stick feature. You could get a manual in the SRT8 version and maybe a special dealer ordered R/T.

rimfire,22
12-30-2010, 10:34 AM
I took the a rented 3.5 liter Magnum from Los Angeles to Arizona using just one tank of gas!!!! It was the most fantastic reality I witnessed and it had plenty of power. It has some sort of economy system indicated on the dash board saying it was activated. I must admit though one must do their part by checking the tires and of course putting in a new air filter but since mine was a rental who knows. If your into MPG then always get the six.

rimfire,22

Add your comment to this topic!