Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where does the vent air come from?

TapOut64
01-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I have an 04 Mountaineer (I bought it used in 07) and I've never been happy with the amount of air that comes through the vents when I have the ac cranking and I also think the defrost should have stronger air flow. Also, now that it's winter, when driving on the freeway you can feel cold air coming from behind the glove compartment. I took the blower motor out from behind the glove compartment and when I looked up there was a circular hole about 3" across that had leaves sitting on top of a string cross mesh. I'm wondering how leaves got there. I got what I could out but the mesh has about 1cm squares and it's hard to pull leaves through it. I was wondering if maybe leaves are blocking my air flow somewhere down the line but I don't know how outside air gets into the vents and the path it takes. Any thoughts? Any suggestions appreciated.

danielsatur
01-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Lift up the hood, it's under the front plastic cowl, the rain diverter for the windshield.

danielsatur
01-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Also ,see Musty smell out of car vents http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=904915

Add your comment to this topic!