Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

my vx ss clutch expolded

melly2710
12-14-2009, 12:14 AM
hi a few days ago i was driving my vx ss II and when i shifted to 3rd my clutch pritty much exploaded and flew out from underneath my car damaging the and putting a hold in my floor???? please if you could help me i have already put in a new clutch kit but am too sceared to drive it in case it happens again

MagicRat
12-14-2009, 02:01 AM
How hard are you on the clutch?
These problems stem from clutch abuse (lots of heavy-throttle clutch-slipping and/or dumping the clutch at high revs) or defective/cracked parts.

If you have already fixed the clutch, just don't be too hard on it.
Also, there is a safety aspect to consider. If you are going to be rough on the clutch, consider adding a scatter blanket.

melly2710
12-14-2009, 02:24 AM
thanks for that. so if im not giving it a hard time it shouldnt do it again? has this happened to you before or have you heard of it?

MagicRat
12-14-2009, 08:42 AM
It's rare for this to happen under normal use. Did you own the car when the last clutch was put in? Sometimes, abuse can take a while to result in damage, so if you got the car used, the previous owner may have done something.

Also, when you replaced the clutch, did you resurface or replace the flywheel? A warp or high spots may contribute to the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!