Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

WANTED - '96 Metro Speedometer/Tachometer

DOCTORBILL
11-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Does anyone have a Speedometer-Tachometer combo Instrument Cluster for a '96 Geo Metro 3 cylinder manual ?

DoctorBill

1gasenvy1
11-22-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm interested in a stock instrument console with tach as well for a '99, 3 cylinder 5 speed. I've read so much conflicting information about putting in a stock console with a tach from a previous year or model that I'm not sure if it would work. Can I use the same wiring harness or do I have to rig something up to make it work. I've seen them for sale on ebay but don't want go thru all the trouble and find out that it won't work in my car. YOU WOULD THINK THAT CHEVY SHOULD HAVE OFFERED A TACH WITH A 3 CYLINDER 5 SPEED...anyway:disappoin

Can anyone help?
Gasenvy

Woodie83
11-23-2009, 05:39 AM
They did offer, it was an option. Should be no conflicting information, any instrument panel from a three cylinder after 92 will go in and work fine. 92 - 94 might have some minor issues with the various warning lights along the bottom, but it will work. 95 - 00 is Plug-and-Play. One out of a four cylinder can be made to work, but it gets into swapping out resistors and the like.

idmetro
11-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Besides the usual want ads and craigslist you can check here:

http://www.car-part.com/

It will allow you to search by your region.

Good Luck!

Colt1911
12-15-2009, 05:39 PM
In my experience the automatic models have the same wiring, so go to your local junk yard and pull one from a manual (trans) model.

Years ago I looked for an aftermarket model, but the only one that had a 3 cyl option was real high end, as in $250 buck worth.

Add your comment to this topic!