Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

totally random

chickmagnet
10-31-2009, 03:38 PM
so im sitting here looking threw many, many threads and my alarm goes off. i ran outside and i dont seeing anything but the car. it is pretty windy out, could that have set it off? anyone else experience this? is there a way to lock my car with out setting the security (i like the feature but i dont want it going off for no real reason at like 3am)? thanks

Johnny3000
10-31-2009, 10:10 PM
I had the same problem I disconnected the battery and locked the doors manually the next day hooked the battery back up and ever since it's been fine
I'm thinking it just needed to reset

chickmagnet
11-01-2009, 02:11 AM
isnt there codes u have to get before u unhook the battery? i.e. stereo or security codes. but ive been thinking about this ever since then and when i last locked the car, i did it from the passenger side. i shut the door, looked at the dash and the security light was lit and figured it was good to go. the alarm went off (referring to the original post) and i went to the passenger side door to turn it off with the key but it was still going off. i had to go to the driver side to turn it off. which doesnt make any sense because the owners manual states that u can disarm the alarm from either door. all i know is that after that incident i locked it from the driver side and the alarm hasnt gone off (yet). could just be the passenger door being weird, or possessed :runaround:!!!

Johnny3000
11-01-2009, 09:50 AM
I have a aftermarket radio so I didn't need a code

chickmagnet
11-01-2009, 10:24 AM
that works, i havent gotten that far yet lol. im still in the faze of fixing all the little quirks so it runs perfect :evillol:

Add your comment to this topic!