Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

clutch won't release on '98 5 speed, any ideas??

relic12003
10-29-2009, 07:20 PM
I got a "98 tib with 5 speed. Clutch won't release when pedal is pushed, pedal goes down about a 1/3rd and stops, nothing happens on tranny. Replaced clutch release cylinder 2 weeks ago cause seal went, everything fine after, till now. Can anyone help me to look for problem??? I appreciate any help. I live in Canada if that makes any difference on the make/model. Thank you for your time. My email is danwilton2006@yahoo.ca Thank you again for any help.

relic12003
06-21-2010, 03:06 PM
I got a "98 tib with 5 speed. Clutch won't release when pedal is pushed, pedal goes down about a 1/3rd and stops, nothing happens on tranny. Replaced clutch release cylinder 2 weeks ago cause seal went, everything fine after, till now. Can anyone help me to look for problem??? I appreciate any help. I live in Canada if that makes any difference on the make/model. Thank you for your time. My email is danwilton2006@yahoo.ca Thank you again for any help.

Good day to all,
I found my problem. When I put the transmission back in, the throw out bearing didn't engage the clutch. After i took it apart and put it back together again, and bled the clutch release cylinder again, everything worked fine. Thanks for your time.

Add your comment to this topic!