Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Boost gauge not working

Johnny3000
10-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Any ideas I look around but most just sugest replacing everything with after market which I probally will do later but either way I would like the stock one to work

Polygon
10-22-2009, 07:20 PM
It's not worth your time to locate the problem and fix it. The stock boost gauge is not in any way accurate. It's most likely a sensor that's the issue. Just get a mechanical boost gauge for about $50-$60 and tie it into the vac system.

Johnny3000
10-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Mechanical 'o' I thought the moto around here was go broke or go home :) do they sell electronic aftermarkets that fit the dashspot? Or is it not worth triin to find one?

Dreamspawn
10-22-2009, 09:38 PM
There are gauges that fit the stock locatation but its like 2-3 hour job if not more i believe to get to them. Stealthee or someone else can tell you more bout that.

Polygon
10-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Mechanical 'o' I thought the moto around here was go broke or go home :) do they sell electronic aftermarkets that fit the dashspot? Or is it not worth triin to find one?

The best boost gauges are mechanical. The shitty stock gauge is electric. The moto around here is be smart or go home. Just spending a lot of money doesn't make it a good idea.

Stealthee
10-22-2009, 11:21 PM
My motto is do it right or don't do it at all. :D

Johnny3000
10-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Yeah that why I ask so many questions so I only have to do it ounce it's just that the right way isn't ussually cheap quality parts generally have a quality price tag and I guess when I said electronic I really ment digital

Johnny3000
10-23-2009, 08:19 AM
But you guys think mechanicals are more accurate?

Polygon
10-23-2009, 12:17 PM
But you guys think mechanicals are more accurate?

Here's the skinny:

Digital/Analog: These are just two ways of reading out the information. Digital will cost more and is just eye candy, no benefit.

Electronic: The means that the gauge gets it reading via a sensor. This is the way the stock gauge works. Once again, more money, and not worth it for a boost gauge.

Mechanical: This get's it reading directly with no electronic crap to get in the way. In the case of a boost gauge it reads directly off the manifold pressure and the gauge is just a simple vacuum gauge. It is the ideal boost gauge. Other gauges are better in electric, just depends on the gauge.

AutostradaVR4
10-26-2009, 06:58 PM
even though i had issues with my Prosport Electronic Boost gauge, i would still recommend it.
For one thing, it's cheap.
Secondly, it looks good.
Third, It's easy to install because you dont need to run vac line through the firewall, just 1 skinny little wire.
and Last, in the event that something does go wrong, Prosport has outstanding customer service. They replaced my gauge and sensor without any hassle.

The stock center cluster gauges are 52mm, but 60mms will fit

Johnny3000
10-27-2009, 07:51 PM
even though i had issues with my Prosport Electronic Boost gauge, i would still recommend it.
For one thing, it's cheap.
Secondly, it looks good.
Third, It's easy to install because you dont need to run vac line through the firewall, just 1 skinny little wire.
and Last, in the event that something does go wrong, Prosport has outstanding customer service. They replaced my gauge and sensor without any hassle.

The stock center cluster gauges are 52mm, but 60mms will fit

prosport it was a 52 mm had a blue indicator light that goes yellow to red as a warning I think it was good up to 30 psi
that one I was thinking about
was the second one ok or did you send it back

AutostradaVR4
10-28-2009, 10:13 AM
second one worked perfectly. you can find pics on my cardomain page i have linked in my sig.

Add your comment to this topic!