Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Mountaineer Firing Order

pkucan
08-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Does anyone have the firing order and can post or PM me?
4.6L Need to know where the No 1 Cylinder is.
Thanks

shorod
08-12-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure on the firing order, but if all you need is to know where cylinder #1 is, it is the cylinder nearest the belt on the passenger side of the engine. Starting with cylinder 1, it should go 1-4 on that bank, cylinder 5 is nearest the belt on the other side of the engine, 5-8.

Also, there will likely be a label on the coil on plug wires for the cylinder number to confirm you have the correct one. There will probably be a similar label on the fuel injector wiring.

-Rod

pkucan
08-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks.
I just needed to know cyl location to replace an O2 sensor on my kids Mountaineer.
He is now learning to take care of problems upon first occurance since he just shelled out $3900 to have the transmission rebuilt at 101K.

pkucan
08-15-2009, 04:15 AM
I'm not sure on the firing order, but if all you need is to know where cylinder #1 is, it is the cylinder nearest the belt on the passenger side of the engine. Starting with cylinder 1, it should go 1-4 on that bank, cylinder 5 is nearest the belt on the other side of the engine, 5-8.

Also, there will likely be a label on the coil on plug wires for the cylinder number to confirm you have the correct one. There will probably be a similar label on the fuel injector wiring.

-Rod

Thanks. The dummies at AAMCO that rebuilt the transmission didn't run the O2 wiring through an eyelet to keep it off the driveshaft. Cut one of the wires in half, so I had to splice it back together. All is fine.

By the way, where the hell did they hide the plugs and coil packs?

What is the recommended transfer case fluid?

Add your comment to this topic!