Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

CEL and TRAC OFF Flashing on 2004 IS300 - help!

LexinDC
07-21-2009, 10:41 AM
I have a 2004 IS 300 that I purchased certified pre-owned from a Lexus dealer (so it still has about a year and half left of warranty). I noticed that after I pumped gas recently, the check engine light came on and my TRAC OFF is flashing on my dash. I took it to AutoZone and had it scanned and they let me know that there is a problem with the "oxygen sensor heater control circuit" - the guy said it's probably a failed oxygen sensor and that part alone is normally around $200.

Does that sound right? And, is this something that should be covered under my warranty? I haven't taken it to the dealer yet but would like to know before I do in case they try to tell me it's not.

Thank you!

Franco2112
07-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Yep, covered under warranty. As far as the code and the stated problem, not necessarily true as to why the TRAC OFF is flashing. Take it to the dealer for a true diagnosis. One other thing to check is your gas cap and make sure it clicks closed. A open or faulty gas cap can cause check engine light issues.

fastnufva
04-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Your O2 senser is bad in your Y-pipe. Just replace it and you will be good.....When the traction buttom flashes that what it means.

I put im a meagan racing y-pipe and it elimanated one of the cats and mine did the same thing. I bought a sim for the computer and it fixed it. It only cost $40's

fastnufva
03-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Go with the sim. I pull the Megan y pipe on and my cell light came on with the traction control light flashing. I put the sim on and now its perfect. Only 40 buck and never have to mess with it again.....

Add your comment to this topic!