Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

looking for a 300zx Setup!!!

xXNissanXx
06-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey im looking for a Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo setup that wont break down when i decide to gun it.
I dont want it to be the fastest thing out there but i want it to be fast and reilable.
I do need have 20 000$ so give me a simple setup that i can maybe do a bit of installation my self (i am not in mecanic but i know how to do some stuff and wanna learn).

Thanks for the help!!!!:iceslolan

Broke_as_****
06-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Just call Nissan and ask for a complete Stage 3 package.

Or don't. Do you own a Twin Turbo?

xXNissanXx
06-17-2009, 08:57 PM
how much would it be for a Stage 3

and yes i do own a Twin Turbo 1995

Broke_as_****
06-18-2009, 06:06 AM
What, if anything, has already been done to the car?

What do you plan on doing with this car?

What are your goals within said plan?

How much are you looking to spend?

What kind of experience do you have working cars and the Z specifically?

xXNissanXx
06-18-2009, 01:20 PM
I want it to sound nice look nice and turn some heads when they hear me coming u know like blow off vlaves and cat-backs but i dont know with witch compagnie i should go for each parts and stuff and i want to put in like 5 000$ to 15 000$ and i dont know alot about Z but i wanna learn thats why i wanna do stuff my self i know how to do small stuff like cat-backs and stuff like that

thanks

Broke_as_****
06-19-2009, 01:30 AM
So is the car still all stock?

k3smostwanted
06-19-2009, 05:48 AM
I want it to sound nice look nice and turn some heads when they hear me coming u know like blow off vlaves and cat-backs but i dont know with witch compagnie i should go for each parts and stuff and i want to put in like 5 000$ to 15 000$ and i dont know alot about Z but i wanna learn thats why i wanna do stuff my self i know how to do small stuff like cat-backs and stuff like that

thanks

IMO...take it to an established Z32 tuner local to you and tell them what you are looking for and what kind of package they can whip together for you. Getting some serious HP numers out of a car that already produces good power is not hard and with $15k, your options can take you well into 500rwhp+ fairly reliably.

xXNissanXx
06-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Well in Canada Montreal (where i live) 300zx are pretty rare and all the ppl that has them are all JDM's and so theres not really any Nissan 300zx shop mon civic and stuff like that and i wanted to do my own package but with some help i would like to start with an easy thing to do like small things for like 5k first like port and polish and stuff but i dont know what make to go with and what prices to go with and what to do to make it fast and reilable (but still would like to hit like close to 390-400hp) i would like stuff like blowers and intercooler and boost controler and simple stuff that can help me start with for like 5k-8k (for now when i get to know more about the car ill put more)

and yes the car is completly stock

k3smostwanted
06-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Well in Canada Montreal (where i live) 300zx are pretty rare and all the ppl that has them are all JDM's and so theres not really any Nissan 300zx shop mon civic and stuff like that and i wanted to do my own package but with some help i would like to start with an easy thing to do like small things for like 5k first like port and polish and stuff but i dont know what make to go with and what prices to go with and what to do to make it fast and reilable (but still would like to hit like close to 390-400hp) i would like stuff like blowers and intercooler and boost controler and simple stuff that can help me start with for like 5k-8k (for now when i get to know more about the car ill put more)

and yes the car is completly stock

Well, I guess you can start building for the future by knocking out the easy stuff now. I haven't been in the 300zx game in a while so Broke will have better input.

This is a list of parts I would have had on my wish list 2 years ago:

-Boost Controller and Turbo Timer
-Ash Spec Massive Intercoolers
-Ash Spec ECU tune
-B&B oval quad tip cat-back
-SpecialtyZ super-split downpipes and testpipes w/ flex joints
-Dual pop-charger
-Z1 motorsports Howe radiator (don't know if Ash got his Electric Fan/Radiator Kit straightened out)

I am sure there is a bunch of crap I forgot but that is quick starter list to a good 300zxTT build. Brakes and Suspension should keep you busy too. Once you get that stuff out of the way, the next step is turbo upgrade, which involves pulling the motor and probably rebuilding it.

Also, For what isn't self-explanatory like replacing the radiator, there is a write-up somewhere. Twinturbo.net has everything you want to know about the Z32, just use the search function. There is absolutely no need to make a thread.

xXNissanXx
06-20-2009, 12:11 PM
thanks ill wait to see what broke will say to start and by any chances would u know whats the issues on the Nissan 300zx TT 1995
i heard there was issues but i dont know witch ones

Broke_as_****
06-21-2009, 06:34 AM
thanks ill wait to see what broke will say to start and by any chances would u know whats the issues on the Nissan 300zx TT 1995
i heard there was issues but i dont know witch ones

Well if you haven't already:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=419768

First I would take a look at where the car stands right now. What kind of tires and brake pads are on it? How is it set for scheduled maintenance? Are there any problems to address before doing anything?

If you just want to make more power I would start with a single intake, cat-back exhaust, boost controller and ECU. I know it's tempting to throw a ton of parts at it but taking it in steps gives you time to learn about the car and readjust to it as it changes.

JWTs intake is a good way to go because of the velocity stack design and it can be washed and reused many times. Cat-backs are a toss up to whatever your preference in looks, sound and price runs. SpecialtyZ's is expensive but they've done a lot of R&D to make it the best flowing on the market. A lot of people use the Greddy Profec line for boost control, I have the the Profec B Spec II and it works pretty good, but the best is probably the Blitz SBC I. The only thing I don't like about the Profec I have is that it has a single gain setting so you have to compromise between spool response and top end stability. For an ECU I would go with a JWT or Ztuner. None of the local Z owners I've talked to that have Ash ECUs can get their cars to run completely right.

xXNissanXx
06-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks
Well i dont have the 300ZX yet but im planing to get one but what do u recomened for the bracks and tires (i would like to have wide tires im back and like a little bit smaller in front) i will get mags witch size should i get 17 or 18'' i want low profil tires but not too much and like when i take the exits on the high way i want my car to stick even if i accelarate

thanks for all the help man really

Broke_as_****
06-22-2009, 06:16 PM
how much would it be for a Stage 3

and yes i do own a Twin Turbo 1995

Well i dont have the 300ZX yet

See this is why I asked.

I understand your enthusiasm but I would really recommend buying the car and driving it for a while before getting too far ahead of yourself. The car you end up buying will probably have something done to it or need something and determine where you start anyway.

xXNissanXx
06-22-2009, 07:57 PM
non i wanna buy a bone stock one and i probably wanna start by changing the suspension the mags then tires and the brake (some one told me to get the cross drilled Brembo ones???) and i want racing seats but i wanted to know for the motor because i want it to be my hobbie car not daily driven car i am only 17 years old and got a lot to learn and wanna learn it on that car.
My daily driven car for now is a Cavalier but im probably getting a Genesis Coupe 3.8L or a Lancer Evolution X. my dad is giving it to me.

k3smostwanted
06-23-2009, 11:23 AM
non i wanna buy a bone stock one and i probably wanna start by changing the suspension the mags then tires and the brake (some one told me to get the cross drilled Brembo ones???) and i want racing seats but i wanted to know for the motor because i want it to be my hobbie car not daily driven car i am only 17 years old and got a lot to learn and wanna learn it on that car.
My daily driven car for now is a Cavalier but im probably getting a Genesis Coupe 3.8L or a Lancer Evolution X. my dad is giving it to me.

There are many big brake kits out there for the Z. AP racing seems to be a popular choice if you wanna drop the coin. There are cheaper options. I believe Broke has the Wilwood kit which is a good bang for buck.

xXNissanXx
06-24-2009, 11:57 PM
Teins are to expensive right??

k3smostwanted
07-01-2009, 03:07 AM
Teins are to expensive right??

We still talking about brakes, or suspension?

xXNissanXx
07-02-2009, 12:24 AM
suspension but what should i get for brakes tho

Add your comment to this topic!