Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dashboard vents replacement parts

06-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Anyone know where to find replacement defroster vents? The plastic covers that direct the defrosting air onto the window on top the dashboard.

2000 blazer, 4 door, light gray.

Or the proper names for them?

I'm sure they're part of the "whole dashboard" if I ask the dealer, but they come right off (after the glue has broken down over the years) and are cracked beyond repair from sun.

Glued them back together for years, but they're just too deformed now to stay in place or go together.


2000 Bravada
08-08-2009, 11:20 PM
If you have not found it yet, this is your best bet. Check the link

2000 Bravada
08-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Try this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEFROST-VENT-CHEVY-S10-S-10-TRUCK-BLAZER-SONOMA-JIMMY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2 el1262QQhashZitem5633301d51QQitemZ370225978705QQpt ZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

2000 Bravada
08-24-2009, 04:30 PM
I have the same issue. I just glued mine for the first time the other day. The problem I have is that my Bravada has a sensor in it. That part pulls right out. I'ts not part of the dash.

11-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Just curious as to what kind of glue you guys used. Was it any super glue or something specifically for plastic parts like model glue.

2000 Bravada
11-28-2009, 03:45 PM
I used crazy glue. It worked good for me.

Add your comment to this topic!