Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

each year something messes up on ac, need info

rushb18
06-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Ok so every year ive had to replace something to keep our a/c working on this jetta pos..

2000 gls

This is what it is doing now, everything kicks on a/c compressor/fans/inside button ect but it is not blowing cold at all and the lines are not getting to cold..

Is one of the hi/lo switches messed up or what.. The compressor should cycle or not work if its low on freon right..

does anyone have any info/locations where these switches are, i know there is one on the low side a/c line i believe or hi whichever..

Ive pretty much replaced everything last year to get it working now im at it again... a/c module/fans/low pressure switch up on the a/c line, my low side a/c line, compressor the year before it ect..

thx

SC2ner
06-02-2009, 02:26 PM
The high pressure, low pressure and fan switch are in one switch on one of the a/c lines. It will be at the end closer to the firewall going into the exspansion valve.

If you are out of freon the a/c compressor will not kick on. The only way to bypass that to tell if the compressor is still good is to jumper the lower pressure switch (or in your case if it's 2 pin) and the a/c compressor should turn on.

The freon moves around with oil (ester). If the freon runs out then the oil stops moving. If that happens the compressor locks up. In short, the compressor doesn't turn on because the oil is not moving. Consider it a safe mode.

I would also pick up some a/c dye and a UV light and check for a leak some where along the system.

rushb18
06-08-2009, 01:00 PM
well i checked the high/low ports and both blew out freon, unplugged the switch and it stopped the clutch on the compressor...

I fixed a line last year cause it was leaking, a/c module, and the switch, all last year..

The comp/clutch is kicking on none of the a/c lines are getting cold at all and the vents is blowing hot..

Im lost on what else to look for cause i know if its low on freon the comp. will stop due to the low/high switch right..

Im pretty aware of how to check the comp. and all but everything is working properly just no cold air..

What else can i look at/for to see why im not getting cold air..

thx for the response..

Add your comment to this topic!