Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

81 mustang plz help?

dragonforce6669
05-27-2009, 11:58 PM
its an 1981 mustang ghia. its got the 4.2 v8 120hp. i am hoping you guys can awnser a question. its a unibody and i am wanting to strangthen it so i can put some more horse power to it with out distroying the body. i was thinking a roll cage but any advise would be great. thx

BigDanTheMan
05-28-2009, 03:15 PM
subframe connectors are the way to go. i like steeda, but most others like maximum motor sports. $180 for the connectors + $400 to have a shop weld them in. I think most people would agree they are the best way to add strength, just about everyone would tell any new upgrader to add them first.

the $160 or less strut tower brace is also a huge help and is something that you can bolt in yourself.
www.steeda.com
www.maximummotorsports.com
www.50resto.com
www.brothersperformance.com

ghias are tight, have fun!

BigDanTheMan
05-28-2009, 03:20 PM
a second thought, the roll cage is something for down the line - it is very intrusive and the connectors and brace have a much better impact. that maximummotorsports link has great pictures of the cages.

dragonforce6669
05-28-2009, 10:46 PM
a second thought, the roll cage is something for down the line - it is very intrusive and the connectors and brace have a much better impact. that maximummotorsports link has great pictures of the cages.
thx alot i really do appreciate the comments

Add your comment to this topic!