Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Grand Prix-Door locks unlock randomly

reen910
04-25-2009, 06:23 PM
My 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE's door locks unlock at random times. They never lock, just unlock. While driving sometimes that continuously unlock the entire trip. A year ago I had an aftermarket remote starter pulled out because it was causing trouble with my ignition switch. Looking for ideas of what too look at. I thought maybe it is the unlock wire that may have been spliced for the remote start. Any idea?

tblake
04-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Aftermarket remote starters are never fun to try and sort out after they start to go bad. I would check and make sure that none of it was left behind. I know (from installing a few remote starters) that most of them have a negative output to trigger door locks and unlocks and GM uses posative to trigger their locks. Getting the outputs right requires the use of relay's. Maybe a couple relays got left behind causing your issues. If the remote starter was just cut off these relays, then if the right wire from them contacts ground, it will trigger your locks. I would take a look. Problem is remote starters/hardware can virtually be installed anywhere.

Add your comment to this topic!