Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

did i use the right transmission fluid

shaquita
03-27-2009, 04:38 PM
i have a 94 eagle vision esi i just got my transmission fluid change n a year time on monday we added 5qt. of supertect atf+4 transmission fluid it was working fine that day come tues. afternoon it started acting up. it goes n R, N ,P, but when you put it n drive it act like it don't want to go n drive but you step on the gas then it switch n gear it drives but it won't switch gears automaticly like it suppose to it stay in 1 gear so what the proplem did i use the wrong transmission fluid or what:mad:

TigerStare
05-06-2009, 10:30 AM
ATF+4 is the correct fluid. Nothing else should ever be put into a Chrysler transmission. Did you change the filter too? How was the fluid changed; was it drained by you and then filled up, or was it done at a shop and power-flushed? How long has it been since the last tranny oil change?

i have a 94 eagle vision esi i just got my transmission fluid change n a year time on monday we added 5qt. of supertect atf+4 transmission fluid it was working fine that day come tues. afternoon it started acting up. it goes n R, N ,P, but when you put it n drive it act like it don't want to go n drive but you step on the gas then it switch n gear it drives but it won't switch gears automaticly like it suppose to it stay in 1 gear so what the proplem did i use the wrong transmission fluid or what:mad:

Add your comment to this topic!