car "bucks" in all gears

bssrt4
02-16-2009, 07:10 PM
I recently brought the car into the dodge dealer (where i've had all work done) for the 30,000 mile service. Before the car went in it ran fine. Now i've noticed that when i get on it, the car will cut out for about 1/2 second and make a faint poof sound. It only happens when i get on it and the turbo spools up but it doesnt have a set rythme. When it does happen, it will occur more than once in the gear while i accelerate. Turbo boost seemed to run steady between 14 and 16. I brought the car back to dealer and they "checked" their work on plugs and wires and told me nothing was wrong. Please help me. Should i be checking for or monitoring anything else?

Turbodog97
02-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I recently brought the car into the dodge dealer (where i've had all work done) for the 30,000 mile service. Before the car went in it ran fine. Now i've noticed that when i get on it, the car will cut out for about 1/2 second and make a faint poof sound. It only happens when i get on it and the turbo spools up but it doesnt have a set rythme. When it does happen, it will occur more than once in the gear while i accelerate. Turbo boost seemed to run steady between 14 and 16. I brought the car back to dealer and they "checked" their work on plugs and wires and told me nothing was wrong. Please help me. Should i be checking for or monitoring anything else?

Hello and welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. It honestly sounds like a boost leak...either that or spark blow out from the plugs. I would first make sure all the clamps on the intercooler pipes are nice and tight. Then I would check the work they did yourself. It is really easy to work on the srt-4 and to pull the plugs. Dodge dealers know little about turbo cars so the potential for them to royally screw something up is very real.

bssrt4
02-17-2009, 07:34 PM
checked plugs, looked ok, dont own a gap set tool.
also noticed a leak from top end of large pipe connected to intercooler on driver side of car. tightened clamps and will test and check again tomorrow. thanks for help. any more info is greatly appreciated.

bssrt4
02-18-2009, 05:05 PM
did not work. problem still occurs. dont know what to do

Turbodog97
02-18-2009, 10:32 PM
checked plugs, looked ok, dont own a gap set tool.
also noticed a leak from top end of large pipe connected to intercooler on driver side of car. tightened clamps and will test and check again tomorrow. thanks for help. any more info is greatly appreciated.

What about that leak...did you ever fix it? It honestly sounds like a leak somewhere. Only you will be able to find out where exactly it is coming from. It could also be a vacuum leak from one of the vacuum lines.

Add your comment to this topic!