Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HID dead?

songsandstars
02-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey all,

I go to install the HID kit I just got for my 94 Accord LX and I get nothing out of it after I do the install. The kit is brand new out of the box and I've tried all the possible combinations of getting these lights to run. I originally installed them on the low beams since the wire coloring lined up and the instructions were less than legible, but got nothing when I turned them on. I tried connecting them to the high beams and got nothing as well. I've installed some H4 kits on civics and elements and got those to run just fine, first try. However, this is my first 9006 install for HID's and there must be something I'm missing. Could it be because the brights and low beams run on different wiring rather than all in one bulb like H4's do?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have tried to research this as much as possible, but am at a loss as to what could be wrong???!

Greenblurr93
02-09-2009, 09:09 AM
connect them directly to the battery and see if they turn on.

nick_usa
04-16-2009, 09:07 PM
the same thing happened to mine! damn it!

freude09
04-20-2009, 11:19 PM
it must be a defective product since you've tried all of the methods in order to make the hid kit work... ask your retailer for a replacement...

abicarsy
08-15-2009, 06:40 PM
You must not have bought it from reliable source. Did you get the warranty card with it?

Add your comment to this topic!