Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 Lincoln Continental Starting Problem

jlsmith37804
02-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Greetings,
my wife's 99 won't start. It has been sitting since November, and I have been starting it up every couple weeks and letting it warm up. It started taking longer to fire last month. I replaced the original battery this week, and I can't get it to fire at all now. The motor cranks fine. There is no fuel pump sound nor any codes when I plugged in my OBD II. My online search has led me to suspect the crank position sensor. Before I shovel the snow out of the way to work on it in my driveway, I thought I would check with the forum. Thank for your help!

jlsmith37804
02-03-2009, 03:06 PM
One more thing,
I pulled the crank position sensor, and got 335 ohms across its contacts. I don't know if that is within the specs though. I also cleaned both connectors and there were no broken connections or loose connectors. Still no start. Anybody?

paul benavidez
06-14-2013, 12:03 AM
did you resolve your problem? i have a 99 lincoln that began to have problems with starting. i jiggled the steering wheel, took the key in and out of the ignition and it would start. this has been going on for a few years but now it won't start. any ideas?

Add your comment to this topic!