Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hi guys im new to cars and driving.

bnbader
01-20-2009, 11:45 PM
I am wondering how you learn to build or fix cars. Where do you get the skills and learn how to do it? I am becoming quickly interested in cars and am curiouse. Thanx
Ben

discnik
01-21-2009, 12:28 AM
If your high school offers a auto shop class, that would be a good place to start. Forums like this one have a wealth of information in them.

If your are seriuos about going into the automotive field,thouroughly research any and all tech schools you are thinking about attending.

Are you thinking of specializing in one Make or general auto repair ?

Good and honest tech's are badly needed and the way technology is advancing in the auto industry the sooner you get started the better.

Good Luck !

bnbader
01-21-2009, 12:35 AM
I kind of want to do this as a hobbie:smile:

Jehuz
05-21-2009, 01:47 AM
I got into cars since I always wanted something nicer and never had the cash to get them up front. At 15 I bout an '83 Firebird for $200 and have had my hands in grease ever since. Don't be afraid to try something new as well. Get a good manual and some ratchets, anything is possible.
I'd just keep my ear out for guys working on a project that your interested in and see if you can chill in the garage & order the pizza. There's nothing like first hand experience.

CL8
05-21-2009, 02:35 AM
There are also a lot of websites that go into very good detail on how engines and any other part of a car works.
Just click in what you want to learn about.

Add your comment to this topic!