Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ignition question

boostjunkie333
01-15-2009, 10:00 PM
ok, so ive done QUITE a bit of work, and next on the list is to upgrade the ignition(already have spark plugs)

now, rather than feel around in the dark, id much rather ask those with experience in dsm since this is my first eclipse and its still a learning process for me..

my question is, im looking to upgrade my ignition system to support about 500 hp...im only shooting to have about 450, so id like for it to be a little bit stronger than what ill actually have..optimal range sort of thing....what would any of you reccomend to cover my needs?

fyi its a 97 rs...

thanks!

SilvrEclipse
01-16-2009, 09:18 AM
What are you using to control spark on your motor? I see your running portfueler for the fuel but are you controlling ignition timing also? Get a good set of wires and possibly an msd coil pack. You really dont need to do much. You may want to look into the MSD-DIS 2 if you are not controlling the timing with something. Your tune may be fine for now but once you start pushing more power your going to need to control it to tune out the knock.

boostjunkie333
01-20-2009, 07:23 PM
the only thing is i dont really know how to tune myself, nor is there anywhere around here really that knows how to tune performance apps...

i suppose im going to have to search for someone who can...=(

lol, hopefully someone good with dsm

but thanks, good suggestions i had wondered about the coilpack but was unsure

Add your comment to this topic!