Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New tranny needed my my 05

Mr500CM
11-30-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm just getting over this headache....we have an 05 Santa Fe which we bought new. It was dealer serviced a year later when a check engine lite came on (oxygen sensor). I use a local shop for all my services, they work on all my cars and always do good work. I was driving home and the car was jerking. I pulled over and sure enough the tranny fluid was black and smelled burnt, I new the transmission was fried. I had the car towed back to Hyundai and was told it was a TPS sensor. Before I can in to pick up my car the dealer called me and told me the tranny was shot and needed my service records to file a warranty claim. I faxed them over and thats when all hell broke loose. They didn't like the fact that a local shop serviced my cat so they stalled when it came to repairing my car. After 5 days of going back and forth, I told them to either fix the damn thing or give me a letter stating why they are denying my claim. They finally backed off and fixed the car only after I had occured $600.00 in car rentals.

Add your comment to this topic!