Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best Idea Ever

Thor06
11-25-2008, 02:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUkiVcRJuWo

Um, anyone else thinking what I am thinking? :evillol:

Just think of all the possibilities. You could jet power just about anything! Here's what I am thinking: jet powered bike. First thing is you'd probably want to chop the frame a bit. I'd keep pedals so I could get going, but you'd want to put them on foot rests later. Then I'd weld up a frame on the back triangle to hold 2 t25's or stock twins from an RX7/Supra/300zx/etc. I'd run each off of one of those little camp stove propane deals, so it wouldn't last long, but why would you want it to :D. As for oiling, maybe an electric pump hooked up to a smaller battery? Then put on some beefy SOB's of brakes, maybe one caliper on each side of where they bolt to the frame. I think Thor found his Senior Design Project. :icon16:

david-b
11-25-2008, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUkiVcRJuWo

Um, anyone else thinking what I am thinking? :evillol:

Just think of all the possibilities. You could jet power just about anything! Here's what I am thinking: jet powered bike. First thing is you'd probably want to chop the frame a bit. I'd keep pedals so I could get going, but you'd want to put them on foot rests later. Then I'd weld up a frame on the back triangle to hold 2 t25's or stock twins from an RX7/Supra/300zx/etc. I'd run each off of one of those little camp stove propane deals, so it wouldn't last long, but why would you want it to :D. As for oiling, maybe an electric pump hooked up to a smaller battery? Then put on some beefy SOB's of brakes, maybe one caliper on each side of where they bolt to the frame. I think Thor found his Senior Design Project. :icon16:

I didn't have a chance to really watch the whole thing since it's 10min and I'm working, but it looks cool. You should bring some money down here and I'll weld up your frame and get something like that going. I have welders withdrawal right now.

SilvrEclipse
11-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Looks awesome. I wonder how much thrust is produced by something like that. I have a feeling the turbo wouldn't last to long running that way. The exhaust wheel was glowing red and im sure that turbo would be way over spooled if you just let it go. I wonder if you could use the wastegate to regulate the boost.

david-b
11-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Looks awesome. I wonder how much thrust is produced by something like that. I have a feeling the turbo wouldn't last to long running that way. The exhaust wheel was glowing red and im sure that turbo would be way over spooled if you just let it go. I wonder if you could use the wastegate to regulate the boost.

Don't see why you wouldn't be able to add a WG. It does the same thing on the car, then you should be able to use a boost controller coming off the compressor right?

Thor06
11-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah, WG'ing it wouldnt do much good, on that bad boy you vary the rpms by how much gas you burn.

If I had money to throw around I would totally do it. You could get a couple little turbos for $200 or less and I bed you'd have less than $50 in materials after that. I'd do it right down in front of my house at like 4 in the morning so there's no cars to hit... I wonder how fast you could get going?? Just pedaling I could get it to like 27-28 if I used my highest speed, at like 20 is when I'd turn those bad boys up. There would be a couple things I'd be worried about though... A) pot holes and other obstacles (people, cars, turns), B) tires shredding or wheel hubs burning up, and C) stopping it.

Can you imagine trying to stop that thing? What if you got going 80 or 90 mph? I bet you'd shred through a set of brake pads like they're nothing... same goes for the tires, especially if you try to turn. Can you imagine hearing WSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and seeing some dude of a fucking Schwinn flying by at 80 mph?

SilvrEclipse
11-25-2008, 09:00 PM
I might actually try to build one of these things. I have an old t25 to screw around with. I just need a welder now....

david-b
11-25-2008, 10:46 PM
I might actually try to build one of these things. I have an old t25 to screw around with. I just need a welder now....

I'm on my way.

HAHAHA! Brakes? Who needs brakes? The last mountain bike that I owned for maybe 4 years I burned the brakes within a couple months down to the metal holders. I never replaced them.

That'd be awesome... you hear the ppppppppssssssssssSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH flying by and then a little 'ding ding' from the kids bike dinger on it.

NateS
11-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Cool toy. Although, to me it looks like a big pipe bomb with a turbo on it lol.

Add your comment to this topic!