Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mystique 97 - Engine Mount / Motor Mount???

shivparekh
11-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Does anybody know how much engine/motor mount would cost to replace all of them, i.e front and back???

My mechanic quotes me $200 each front and back for the parts only and labor in addition to it totalling to about $700/-

Also, when they say engine / motor mount, how many parts does one mount have? more than one or not?

rhandwor
11-21-2008, 08:53 PM
If you don't want to pay do it your self. Otherwise call 3 independent shops and get an estimate.

shivparekh
11-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks Einstein.

kevinwylder
12-30-2008, 12:48 AM
i have a 98 mystique and i replaced the tranny when i did that i seen that my back motor mount cuz the rubber was cracked it was like 15 bucks at auto store so if u can do it urself u should but it sucks getting to there are 4 of them

shivparekh
12-30-2008, 02:17 AM
Thanks kevinwylder,

I had looked the prices up on the internet, and they suggested different prices for may be 3 or 4 of them. ranging from $20 to $125

I ended up paying my mechanic $650 including labour as i'm not a DIY guy, also i lack resources also, like working space and tools mainly.

I just wanted to know how many mounts that would include, i.e front, front right, back. etc.

But i just bought used Honda and now i'm done with Mystique, and i will sell it as soon as i'm done fixing.

Thanks again.

kevinwylder
12-30-2008, 02:27 AM
yeah i just bought a mystique for 400 bucks it had a bad tranny and put a used but re-bulit one in it that was 400 but i did all the work myself me and my uncle too about 40 hours taking out and puttin in now there r a few other things messing up in it but the car in very good shape so but they made the mounts bad on this the back one was broke yeah it would b tuff to replace with no shop im glad i got one

shivparekh
12-30-2008, 02:40 AM
I just have posted another thread regarding a coolant drainage, overheating and related tranny issues.

If you have any suggestions or if you can help me in anyway please do so, it will be a great help.

Add your comment to this topic!