Parking Brakes

97GSTspyder
11-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Anyone have to replace their parking brake cables? Of course I have drum-in-disc for the rears brakes...I got everything taken off except...I can't get the damn cable out of the brace!! I looked at the manual and it says remove clip, pull out cable....There is no damn clip! There's a slit for a clip but there was no clip...I've tried pulling, turning, beating and cussing at it and it won't come out...Is there a trick to this that I'm not getting?

97GSTspyder
11-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Ok nevermind, I found out how to get the cable out. I've taken some pics and I'm going to post a write-up on the removal/installation of the parking brakes when I'm done with everything since it's been forever since I've done a write-up, and because hopefully it will help someone out in the future.

SilvrEclipse
11-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Sounds good man. With these cars getting older Im sure some more people will be changing them out soon.

david-b
11-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Sounds good man. With these cars getting older Im sure some more people will be changing them out soon.

Ya including me. Mine's alittle stretched out. Not my fault that they put it there and open parking spots are always on the opposite side that I'm driving on.

Add your comment to this topic!