Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Optima batterys

violent31601
11-18-2008, 09:38 AM
do a lot of you guys use these? I'm sure there are a few of you that use the Yellow Top battery,

how do you like them?

and which size do you use??

SilvrEclipse
11-18-2008, 09:48 AM
I have heard good things about these batteries if your running amps and other electronics that pull a lot of power from the battery. On the down side I believe they are also quick heavy. I have never bought one just cause they are so expensve.

As far as size goes I would not get a very big one. It will take up tons of space and will be heavy. Also in the gsts you are limited on space so if you get one to big it wont even fit. I would measure your max dimensions you can have and go the store and check out what they got.

david-b
11-18-2008, 10:15 AM
do a lot of you guys use these? I'm sure there are a few of you that use the Yellow Top battery,

how do you like them?

and which size do you use??

I was going to buy one when I replaced my battery but Sears no longer carries Yellow or Red Tops :( Also, not really sure if it's worth all the extra money , especially if you're not running any high electrical items.

They should have specific ones for the stock size.

violent31601
11-18-2008, 10:49 AM
I was going to buy one when I replaced my battery but Sears no longer carries Yellow or Red Tops :( Also, not really sure if it's worth all the extra money , especially if you're not running any high electrical items.

They should have specific ones for the stock size.

I do have a high end amp/alarm system. So I do want a decent battery

SilvrEclipse
11-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Then go ahead with the optima battery. Just measure the biggest size you can fit and go check them out at the store.

vanilla gorilla
11-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Id go with the yellow top, its a good battery. Where ever you get it from should be able to look up and tell you which specific size you need for your car.

Yeah there heavy, but whats an extra 5 pounds?

Mine needs a battery right now...think I might go with a mini Odysey....i guess thats how u spell it

Blackcrow64
11-19-2008, 08:23 PM
I've got a red top in mine... Can't tell ya how well it works yet tho...

Scrapper
11-19-2008, 08:55 PM
i dono about that optima never used on but did use a sears die hard. i bought it brand new it lasted about a month took it in they said elect problem. i tested it first showed bad battery after that i put a $39.00 battery from advanced it lasted me 3 years. then i bought a 91 s-10 with a duralast it's still going after 6 years i have never ran it down and like i said still going.i will never own another sears battery.

Add your comment to this topic!