Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Sonata eating head lights and rotors

mesmyrrhanda
11-11-2008, 07:21 PM
2004 Sonata- keeps blowing through head lights (low beams) every 3 months, first one goes then the other weeks or even days later. Does anyone have this problem?
Also just had brand new rotors and breaks installed in Feb 2008, and am having problems with heavy pulsing when applying breaks after car is driven for awhile. I do not break hard and ride the break and have never had such frequent replacement in rotors in my other cars. I understand rotors will ware but should not be at the point of pulsing already. Do auto places have warrenties for rotors?

Thanks kindly for your assistance!!

mesmyrrhanda
11-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Trying to make correction to my post but it will not let me edit it ...I do NOT ride the breaks is what I meant to say...thank you!

lowsonoma1999
11-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Try using the Hyundai headlight bulbs. You should be using a long life bulb, which most parts stores won't try to sell you. That should fix your problem. I see it all the time.

For the brakes. What kind of rotors are you using? Might want to try to better brand.

mesmyrrhanda
11-12-2008, 08:01 PM
I have never heard of people buying bulbs from the dealer, may I ask what is do different about those bulbs from the dealer to make them last longer?
And I do not know what kind of rotors as I got them done by a local break and muffler chain obviously they don't sell quality rotors but I just can't believe they would ware that quickly..

mesmyrrhanda
11-12-2008, 08:04 PM
IN regards to bults this is the 5th car I have owned in which I have NEVER went through bulbs like this with any other car. Plus I was never told to go back to the dealer just for head light bulbs...

thanks but no thanks...

Greenblurr93
11-13-2008, 08:43 AM
there might be a problem where there is too much power going to your headlights, if you have a multimeter i would see what it puts out and compare it to other cars.

as for the rotors, dont buy cheap rotors, they will warp easily

lowsonoma1999
11-13-2008, 11:59 AM
I have never heard of people buying bulbs from the dealer, may I ask what is do different about those bulbs from the dealer to make them last longer?
And I do not know what kind of rotors as I got them done by a local break and muffler chain obviously they don't sell quality rotors but I just can't believe they would ware that quickly..
They are a long life bulb. You can get these in the aftermarket as well. They aren't very expensive from the dealer, list is only $10.42. I get a couple customers a month coming in here thinking there is an electrical problem with their car because they are going through bulbs so often, every time, it's the cheap bulbs. Not once has there been an actual electrical problem, always just the wrong bulbs.

There are cooling fins in the rotors. The cheaper rotors don't have as many of these, thus making them more prone to heat, thus, they warp easier. Get some higher quality rotors, and it shouldn't be as much of an issue anymore.

r1bourg
03-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Not sure if this would apply but I have heard it is best to torgue the wheel bolts when installing the wheels. This was to prevent warping of the rotors and prevent pulsation.

Add your comment to this topic!