Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Roll Call!

BeZerK2112
10-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Been looking though all the forums here and was wondering who was still around and active on AF. Tell us when you got your Z and what you have done to it.

I picked up my Z in July. It was a fun time for me. Towed it over to my house hoping I could do the work needed to it. Pulled the engine and put some new turbos on. Runs now! Outside of that it's still stock and I'm working out the all the kinks so it runs flawlessly. You can check out my progress by clicking the link in my sig.

Broke_as_****
10-31-2008, 02:14 AM
I got my Z back in May of 05. It exploded and since then I've done god knows what all to it.

It's pretty dead around here but I still log in a few times a month.

BeZerK2112
11-01-2008, 03:06 PM
It's pretty dead around here but I still log in a few times a month.

I hear ya on that one. I wish more people hung out here. It once was a very happening community in the past Z forums.

mwolvin
11-02-2008, 08:57 AM
I check in about every week or two.

'88 2+2 NA I've had it for 2 years

All stock.

DeleriousZ
11-06-2008, 09:31 PM
i'm only around if you pm me or post in a thread i've posted in.

details in sig.

k3smostwanted
11-07-2008, 05:29 AM
It really has died around here. I still login in every couple of months but there is nothing going on to keep tabs on. We used to have a nice group of members, and it was very fun to poke fun at each other and such. I personally bought a N/A 300zx at 17, had issue after issue with it. Got a pretty good paying job after graduation and started my Twin Turbo Swap, in which was completed, but then the motor was blow, Turbos were seized. I gathered up the money to get the motor built, upgrade turbos, intercoolers, the whole kit and kaboodle in hopes of 450rwhp+ on pump. Then I got hurt at work and really my heart just gave out when it came to the Z. Finally after getting her up and running, I sold it away and cut my losses.

I don't regret selling it, but I do regret not being a Z ownership anymore. I am coming up upon graduation and I plan to start another project car once I am settled in my new job pertaining to my career field. I haven't decided whether to go RX7 or back to the 300zx in which I know and love. BTW: With the money I sold my Z for, I now am the proud owner of a B5 Audi S4 which is the absolutely flawless Daily Driver.

My story is more grueling when it gets more detailed when it comes to the Z but with it all said and done, I can't say that I don't miss it even if it was problem after problem and a huge money pit.

BeZerK2112
11-07-2008, 09:19 AM
I hear that. I just pulled the engine this summer and now have plans to do it again next summer. I'm rebuilding the engine and am going to make some huge changes. It's going to be fun!

k3smostwanted
11-09-2008, 07:18 PM
I hear that. I just pulled the engine this summer and now have plans to do it again next summer. I'm rebuilding the engine and am going to make some huge changes. It's going to be fun!
I used to think exactly like that.

BeZerK2112
11-11-2008, 12:57 PM
what the "it's going to be fun" part?

k3smostwanted
11-12-2008, 01:44 AM
what the "it's going to be fun" part?
yep...

Broke_as_****
11-13-2008, 02:26 AM
I think I may have finally fixed this fuel pressure issue I've been fighting for over eight months just before I take off for three weeks and now I'll have to wait until December to see if it's fixed.

And the SE-R needs a timing chain before I can get to that anyway.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Hodo
12-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Got my in 04.. I think... maybe even 03. Since then I have driven it across contry twice, been in 2 carshows... and proceeded to take it apart to put in my VH45DE that has been a on going project for the past 3 years....lol

xXxRocker5150
12-21-2008, 11:35 PM
lol, I remember your story Jason I think the score went a lil' somethin' like this; old Nascar driving lady 1, Jason's rims 0.

This is my first time back in quite a few months.. I've still got my 89 turbo, and I still have to re-align the doors every full moon (f'kin Chicago streets), and it's still way to close to stock... I've owned it since '06.

DemonZX
01-06-2009, 02:59 PM
My Z is Dead, buti still stop in from time to time to see if I can lend my knowledge. I do have an HKS intake for sale if anyone is interested though. I feel bad selling her old parts, but whatya gonna do?!

k3smostwanted
01-10-2009, 04:15 AM
lol, I remember your story Jason I think the score went a lil' somethin' like this; old Nascar driving lady 1, Jason's rims 0.

This is my first time back in quite a few months.. I've still got my 89 turbo, and I still have to re-align the doors every full moon (f'kin Chicago streets), and it's still way to close to stock... I've owned it since '06.
What is up bro? Been a long time! And yes Chicago Streets are getting worse and worse. I spend a lot of my time in Chicago these days and it is painful to drive downtown.

Vegas300zx
01-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Well im new to this forum. I have a 1990 n/a with beautiful white leather interior. I've had my Z for about a year now, i've already put in a JDM motor that i got from TigerJapeneseAuto with about 25-30k miles :p . I've only been doing tune up work since it just sat around the driveway from the guy i bought it from :disappoin . It came with a dual tip Hayame exhaust. I just got some lifter ticking as of about 2 weeks ago. Any tips on how to fix that? With a solvent maybe? :)

BeZerK2112
01-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Always good to hear about another running Z. How did it get the White Interior? Got any pics of your car?

Vegas300zx
01-15-2009, 12:55 PM
The guy who sold it to me had the interior custom installed when he lived in california. i do have pictures, but i cant seem to get them to appear in my avatar or my sig. do i have to have them hosted on a website and url them here? or can i just upload from my pc?

k3smostwanted
01-17-2009, 12:43 AM
The guy who sold it to me had the interior custom installed when he lived in california. i do have pictures, but i cant seem to get them to appear in my avatar or my sig. do i have to have them hosted on a website and url them here? or can i just upload from my pc?

You must host them on a website.

www.imageshack.us

www.photobucket.com

Vegas300zx
01-17-2009, 02:48 PM
ok ill try to host at one of those and post a couple of pics.

Vegas300zx
01-17-2009, 02:49 PM
ok ill try to host at one of those and post a couple of pics.

BeZerK2112
01-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Double the pleasure double the fun! Thats the statement of the great mint in doublemint gum.
http://www.phobia-fear-release.com/images/peppermint-bubble-gum-phobia-25852.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!