Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Civic EX

armylife1
10-25-2008, 02:05 AM
I'm looking at a 95 Civic EX i've read through the forum and looked for a similar post none have really seemed to help. I'm talking to the owner and gauging it's problems. Besides interior being nasty the car runs and has passed inspection not too long ago. unfortunately I live on an army installation and the speed limit is about 20mph on post and i cant take the car off post. Now that you have the backround. The current owner after my test drive told me it doesn't go past 60. Unfortunately he was not clear on this so i'm assuming there are 2 possible things going on, It shakes nastily at 60 and he doesn't want to go past it, Or the car simply won't go past that speed. I used to own a 2002 jetta and had a problem with the acceleration very similar and it ended up being an ignition coil. I'm looking for opinions on both possible problems. I'm in germany so the shipping and even availability of replacement parts is limited . He's asking 1200 for the car which around here, because of our area is pretty good. Thank you in advance:banghead:

Christ
11-05-2008, 11:20 PM
If you're in Germany, you shouldn't have much problem getting Honda parts... you know that Honda served the EDM market too, right? Germany is still a part of Europe, is it not?

As far as an actual response to this thread, yet another one that is way too vague to consider making a valid diagnosis... standard procedure, full tune up including coil/ignitor, cap/rotor, plugs/wires, oil/filter/air filter.

This is just a start to the things that could be causing what you describe.

Add your comment to this topic!