Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'95 Mach 460 CD Player Help

catesja
10-12-2008, 08:22 PM
I have just bought a 1995 GT Convertible, and the CD player slave unit does not work. I was going to pull it out since it didn't work so that others driving the car dont try to put a disc in it. However, when I disconnect the player, the radio no longer outputs sound. I have narrowed it down to the head unit to cd player slave wires. This is a 6 wire bundle with a connector on each end from the radio to the cd player and no stops in between according to the wiring diagram. But why if I want to just not have CD functionality does it not output sound. I can unplug all the other cables (power plug and ground) and it is fine, but remove the 6-wire control cable and no sound. I am planning to install an aftermarket JVC unit with 12-disc changer in it, but if I have to have the cd player hooked up to get it to make noise, I have a problem. :) No where to plug the stock CD player into the aftermarket unit!
I pulled the plug from both the headunit and the cd player, and no matter how I pull it, I get no sound.

catesja
11-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Well, I pulled it all out and hooked up my replacement system to the factory wiring with a wire harness. All works great. Now I have a speaker to replace because it is blown, but other than that it works great!

OldSVTGuy
12-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Here's a good link to the Mach 460 system for future reference:

www.flemworld.com/mach460/mach.html

Add your comment to this topic!