Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 civic 5speed -tach hook up

WayFastRob
10-08-2008, 10:18 PM
I just baught a 5 speed civic and it doesnt have a tach, is it hard to put one in?

thanks

Christ
11-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Nope.

eg.ob
11-07-2008, 08:33 AM
just get a cluster from si, plug and play

FrankVtec88
02-12-2009, 06:32 PM
First, you gotta find out the mounting position. Find a tach that has a suitable mount, and is of large enough but not distractingly large size. Try not to fab your own mounts.

The wiring hook up is simple. You need to hook up the power to a spot in the fuse box that's live when the car is turned on. I forgot where i hooked mine. Find a live spot by testing with a test light, or by using one that you know is always on when the car is turned on.

Next, hook up a ground. Find an easy spot.

Next, either connect the RPM sensor wire to the distributor or just wrap it around a spark plug wire. To connect with the distributor, you have to cut a small hole on the side of the cap. Put a small rubber grommet there, with an opening large enough for the wire. Hook it up to on of the 2 small screws on the side of the distributor unit under the cap.

Remember, you will have to find an existing opening in the firewall to pull the RPM sensor wire to the engine, and perhaps the ground wire to a suitable grounding point on the chassis.

This is how i hooked up a tach on my 94. It's been ages since then, so maybe im missing a few steps.

Add your comment to this topic!