Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking at buying a Santa Fe-Questions for you owners!

hink12341234
10-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Just started looking for a different vehicle and my wife wants a smaller SUV along the Santa Fe,Tuscon,Ford Escape,Kia Sorento line. The only one that I have driven is the Escape. For the most part it was okay but was wondering about the Santa Fe. What type of 4WD system does it have? Is it the AWD type or the type where you can shift in and out? Also what kind of mileage(50 mile daily commute-90% interstate-10% city)can you expect from the 6 cyl engine? Also what is your all around feeling about your Santa Fe? I'm thinking of the 04 to 06 model year. Thanks for your input! It's appreciated.:)

lrssms
10-15-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm looking for a new car too, my commute is up to 150 round trip.

I went to a Hyundai dealer last night. My car died last week, and I was interested in the Sonata. I had test driven a SanteFe a few years ago and was not impressed - especially with the interior.

I decided to test drive the 2008 Santefe last night as a comparison, and now I'm leaning on picking the SanteFe. What a change. The AWD is computer controled, unless you select it to operate full time. So on dry roads, it's running two wheels. If it feels slippage then the AWD kicks in. If it's snowing, you hit a button then its AWD until you turn it off. There's a dealer in my area that if you pay sticker, they will make the first 12 months of payments (not a balloon pmt either) or you can opt for 30% off sticker. I might go with the 12 months, excluding depreciation issue, i pretty much pay the same over the 5 year term.

Fuel on the v6 is 19-24. Sonata hits close to 30 with the V6

DSHornet
11-03-2008, 08:37 PM
I have an '01 Santa AWD V6 I bought to replace a late (wrecked), unlamented '96 Kia Sportage.

In a word or three, I like it. It's comfortable, has the better bells and whistles, and highway mileage is quite acceptable - around 26-27 MPG at 65 MPH, and around 25-26 MPG at 75-80 MPH. Town mileage isn't great at around 20-22 mixed, but believe it or not, it's the same as my Sportage and it had a four-cylinder. The tires, BFG Long Trail T/A's, have great wet and dry traction and ride well, but are a bit noisy on the highway. The factory stereo is great!

I definitely made a step up with the Santa Fe.

Add your comment to this topic!