Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

True Duals or no duals at all?

tomkinsa
09-29-2008, 09:05 AM
I wanna put duals on my sonoma but idk what. I have been hearin that if u wanna put duals on a 4.3 that u should go with a one into two muffler. I found a pair but there is no muffler just resonator tips. is that a bad idea?

ZL1power69
10-05-2008, 09:24 PM
If you run true duals on a 4.3, you will loose most of your low end power and torque, even with and x/h pipe. Unless your 4.3 is heavily built, you will not benifit from true duals. If you want the look of dual exhaust, use a single in/dual out muffler (most are 3in/2.5 out). Best setup for a 4.3 with a few boltons would be a single 2.5in with a high flow cat.

michaelcannon88
04-08-2010, 10:02 PM
ok this sounds more up my alley for my exhaust I am looking at a set of headman street headers full length but cant seem to find a y-pipe to go on the ball and socket ends any1 have any idea where i can find an aftermarket 2 1/2" or 3" Inlet and outlet cause I am going 3" all the way out if I can

b1lk1
04-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Start calling local muffler shops. There are very few actual aftermarket pre-made systems available. None will be made for full length headers and I have yet to even see an aftermarket y-pipe that was not the same as the OEM.

Add your comment to this topic!