Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone Please Help! 300zxTT needs help

300zxTT auto
09-25-2008, 01:48 AM
I have a 1993 300zx TT which has a JDM VG30dett with 68,000miles which the original owner told me. I took the car to a nissan dealer and the car has three codes, engine knock, egr valve, and bank 2 o2 sensor.

the car has been driving fine, until today, the car stalled with a very low idle then died. i started the car again, and it had a low idle then the idle rose and i drove it just enought to get it parked at my school, I notice when the car accelerated it made a wierd noise like something was loose and the noise got louder as I accelerated. I was wondering what could this be. The 60,000mile service has not been performed, and was somthing i was going to do when i had the money. Any recommendations would be really helpful thanks guys.

joejonesalso
10-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Did you recently change the spark plugs? Did you put in cheap fuel? If not it sounds like you have a clogged EGR valve or vacuum hose leading to it. Your engine is detonating which is very bad! Do not run the car until this is repaired. The EGR is a big pain in the ass to replace and alot of shops remove the engine to do this job. Also cheap fuel (premium required on TT's) will cause detonation as well as the wrong spark plug (the turbo's require a colder rated plug). Hope this helps and good luck!

Tach_it
10-13-2008, 02:22 AM
If your car hasn't already blown up you need to go slap the seller right across the face for not telling about those issues. What Joe said don't drive it and you could have worse problems than just a blocked EGR, if it is and your county doesn't require emmissions just eliminate it.

Hodo
10-20-2008, 11:40 PM
IF it is a JDM engine, odds are it no longer has a EGR valve which is why its tripping that code. And the knock code can be set off by having a bad gas run in the car... or putting 89 or lower octane in the car and driving it hard.

Add your comment to this topic!