Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Eagle Premier/Dodge Monaco

speediva
10-19-2001, 09:40 AM
Hey, for a junky little car, this thing has some pick-up... even with a hesitating accelorator. I'd give more stats, but I don't have them with me, and I don't know them by heart since my Infiniti G20 has won me over ;)

Chris
10-20-2001, 07:52 PM
It always seems faster when the fumes are coming up through the hole in the floor and the windshield is about to seperate from the body:D :sun: :flash:

speediva
10-20-2001, 10:33 PM
*lol* You'd never know how true that was!

The windshield has a small crack on the driver's side and the heater puts out mad amounts of antifreeze vapors when the temp is set above 70F!!!!!!!!!! :lol2:

Chris
10-22-2001, 02:59 PM
:dogpile: :hehehe: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

2001 AE
10-28-2001, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by saturntangerine
Hey, for a junky little car, this thing has some pick-up... even with a hesitating accelorator. I'd give more stats, but I don't have them with me, and I don't know them by heart since my Infiniti G20 has won me over ;)

Back in the early 90's I had a Geo Prizm GSI and I stopped at a light and next to me there was a guy with three friends in his Premier who asked for a race. Yea he had three passengers but should have thought about that before he took his can of whoopbut. Needless to say I really loved my Prizm that day.... and yes, Prizm was spelled with a "z".

Chris
10-28-2001, 04:54 PM
So you had all of 79hp, right:) Thats equivalent to 1 million hampster power:D

2001 AE
11-03-2001, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Chris
So you had all of 79hp, right:) Thats equivalent to 1 million hampster power:D

Hate to admit it but you are about right !! , but it sure felt great to win. :D

speediva
11-05-2001, 12:32 AM
Well, it wasn't an official race, but I was inline w/a Jeep Cherokee at a red light in my Premier. I definately got off to a much faster start than the Jeep. It's all in how you drive it ;) And this chica has quite the lead foot.

Chris
11-06-2001, 10:56 AM
You sound like my mom! (120kph in a 50kph, the cop was kinda upset)

EightOhOne
12-29-2001, 05:53 PM
some guy down my street used to have an eagle premier...it made crazy ass sounds all the time..and when it seemed like the guy fixed one, another one came to take its place

speediva
01-04-2002, 01:31 PM
It still shocks me how many of these I still spot on the road.

Now that I bought my own car, I laugh as I pass those poor, misguided suckers!!! :D

Ssom
07-27-2002, 06:50 AM
This car sounds like a real laugh-riot.......:silly2: :silly2: Any pics for an RHD-driving forienger....:) :)

mattyoung33
01-11-2003, 07:08 PM
werd

joedirt76
05-21-2003, 05:58 PM
I picked up an 89 premier for $500 about two years ago, I thought it was a great looking car, but it didnt last long... Iwent to change summer tires to winter tires..and discovered that my steering rack and pinion was shot...and my wheels were literally ready to fall off. So I parked that clunker...and days later my cousin comes up with the great idea to offer me his 88 premier... well, I took it, thinking I had the 89 for parts. Well, at the time I wasnt aware that the tranny's were unreliable, the tranny blew on this one.... so now I ve made the decision to swap the tranny from the 89 to the 88. Has anyone here who owns a premier had problems with their transmission...I dont know whether or not to keep the fixed car; or to sell it while it still works...Let me know what you guys think....
thanks

Hudson
05-22-2003, 09:53 AM
I hope you weren't really expecting reliability from a 1980s-era Renault product.

joedirt76
06-01-2003, 08:30 PM
Ok figure this one out... the engine was dropped, the new tranny was put on, it was whipped all back together...the mechanic goes to start it...and the engines missing...running like a lawnmower... I got him parts off the old car....MAP sensor, computer. What else can it be...it ran fine before the tranny job. It has new wires, plugs... any ideads!?!

speediva
06-30-2003, 12:01 AM
2 words: SELL IT. It will be NOTHING but problems. NOTHING. I promise you. I know that all used cars are money pits, but that one was almost as bad as our former 1977 Oldsmobile. :eek:

joedirt76
06-30-2003, 04:22 PM
I should have sold it while I could...it turns out the mechanic bent the flywheel, thats why its running the way it is.
The job was totally under the table, I dont know if I can even bring him to court over it, I do have a receipt for $300 I gave him, but thats it... I got myself another car, and Im slowly forgetting about the headaches of my premier...

driveway
07-10-2004, 11:32 PM
I have a premier for a parts car that is running and complete if you ever cannot find parts email me www.driveway247@yahoo.com

I believe these motors are the same that were put in delorean's

bluefever
12-02-2004, 05:18 PM
I should have sold it while I could...it turns out the mechanic bent the flywheel, thats why its running the way it is.
The job was totally under the table, I dont know if I can even bring him to court over it, I do have a receipt for $300 I gave him, but thats it... I got myself another car, and Im slowly forgetting about the headaches of my premier...
In the Premier's defense,most of the problems are caused by mechanics that do not know how to properly service the cars

Knifeblade
03-23-2005, 05:05 AM
Hmmmmmmmm, mine's an '89 3.0, picked up for $200 with about 153K on it. Outside of normal expected maintenance/repair [brake pads, shoes, oil/filter, the expected stuff], and a rather loud valve rattle at start-up, mine has never given me any problems, other than that it old and a bit worn, mechanically. Mine gets up and goes, though it won't beat too many other newer V-6's, it won't get left in the dust, either. I was able to keep up pretty well against a TransAm with a V8, he had me off the line, but I got to him pretty close at the 1/2 mile. Of course, I don't condone such hi-speed stuff, the Eagle isn't exactly a stable ground-sticker at above hiway speed.

Knifeblade
03-23-2005, 05:20 AM
In the Premier's defense,most of the problems are caused by mechanics that do not know how to properly service the cars

Ayep, tell a parts-counter guy or mechanic ya have an Eagle, at best ya get a blank stare or at worst a wtf is that :banghead: , :biggrin2:

Ah, weel, at least mine still a good runner and daily drive. :thumbsup:

Knifeblade
03-31-2005, 05:31 AM
I picked up an 89 premier for $500 about two years ago, I thought it was a great looking car, but it didnt last long... Iwent to change summer tires to winter tires..and discovered that my steering rack and pinion was shot...and my wheels were literally ready to fall off. So I parked that clunker...and days later my cousin comes up with the great idea to offer me his 88 premier... well, I took it, thinking I had the 89 for parts. Well, at the time I wasnt aware that the tranny's were unreliable, the tranny blew on this one.... so now I ve made the decision to swap the tranny from the 89 to the 88. Has anyone here who owns a premier had problems with their transmission...I dont know whether or not to keep the fixed car; or to sell it while it still works...Let me know what you guys think....
thanks

Well, all I can say is that my ride has had nada problem re the tranny, ZF-4. Some of the other tranny's seem very unreliable. :frown:

There is the ZF-4, a 4-speed, exclusive to the Premier/Monaco

The A-413, 3-speed [aka the 30 TH] by Chrysler up to 1991

The A-604, 4-speed [aka the 41 TE] '89-'95 by Chrysler

The A-670, updated A-413 3-speed, [aka the 31 TH] by Chrysler, '92-up.

The Eagle uses the ZF-4, foreign-built. :screwy:

bluefever
09-07-2006, 10:12 AM
the delorean's had a form of the prv but not the same exact form as the premier

I have a premier for a parts car that is running and complete if you ever cannot find parts email me www.driveway247@yahoo.com

I believe these motors are the same that were put in delorean's

Knifeblade
09-08-2006, 10:38 AM
All I can add is that I own a daily-driver 89 ES, drivetrain never has given me problems. Suspension front struts worn at the towers, though, and all the original coolant hoses are finally giving up.

All in all, it's been run to FL from MI and back, Detroit and downstate [around 600 mile round trips], several times, never grunted or balked. Not bad for a $200 car.

Add your comment to this topic!