Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 honda civic

BOX88
09-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Whats up everyone trying to get a lil help/info on my Girls 1994 Honda Civic Dx

Now I know absolutely nothing about these cars, it took me a minute or two to even figure out what I was looking at when I pop the hood lol.

First I want to know how much you guys think she could sell this POS(imo) for?

94 Honda civic DX sedan automatic
Manual windows, locks, seats
Red oxidized paint needs some body work
Interior is trash, carpet is done for. Make the car stink a lil
Seats are done for as well not tears or anything but stained and dirty.
Dash is fine no cracks
Doors okay I guess.
Vinyl headliner has a lil cut or two but other then that is fine
All windows are in great shape no cracks
Gas mileage is nice. Full tank last her lil over a week.

Now onto the problems it has.

She puts shell gas in it and every time she gets done filling it up the car wont start. We have to sit there for a minute or so and then try again and it starts right up.

The other day we come back from out the store and it wont start again, all power comes on and it turns over but wont stick then it just dies again. The battery is fine but now I believe its just the starter.

Still trying to figure out the deal with it not starting after filling the tank up though.

Also I did a search on google and came across a thread on another forum and people said the DX didint come with power steering.

http://www.hondacarforum.com/honda-technical/29917-did-1994-honda-civic-dx-come-power-steering.html

The steering is real rough and hard to turn sometimes. But when I looked under the hood it had no power steering fluid so should I just put some in there and see if the steering loosens up a bit.

But other then that Just needs a lil tune up, going to change oil, change the generic K&n air filter spark plugs etc.

Add your comment to this topic!