Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

300zx n/a first car?

...ladies
08-27-2008, 07:54 PM
okay im 15 and 1/2 and i'm driving around my grandpa's e30 cabrio untill i get my birthday/car money when im 16 :) but ill have around 6 grand and this was my plan. ill get a 300zx around a 94 hopefully. definitly stick. but i can find a decent one for like 4 grand in my area. then i'd spend like a thousand maybe a little less on a stillen body kit (gtx-r2 front fascia, gtx rear and just the standard side skirts) then the rest on suspension and handling.
i know im young but im a car nut just like all of you other guys. but i realize the tt is too much for a first car. eventually once i learn how to drive the car to its max potential i would then do the tt swap.

what do you think of a na 300zx for a first car? insurance too high, other problems. just wanna know what other people think of it. im familiar with most terminology so you dont need to talk to me like im a little kid :headshake

i know some of you guys are brutaly honest! dont let me down!

BeZerK2112
08-28-2008, 03:33 PM
what do you think of a na 300zx for a first car?

No

insurance too high

Yes. Expect over 200 a month.

...ladies
08-29-2008, 05:14 PM
seriusly for an na? with good grades and all. i mean that 200 a month isn't going to stop me. but that just seems extremely high.

BeZerK2112
08-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Insurance is based off a rating of how much it costs to fix the car. The 300zx is in the same category as a BMW and Infinity. There are multipliers based on your age and deductible after that point. Good grades gets you around a 100 dollar discount per 6 months but you should expect at least 150-200 a month based on your age. My first car to insure was a 1989 chrysler lebaron turbo. It still cost me 125 to insure with 1000 dollar detectable when I was 21. Most discounts kick in at 21, 23, and the final one at 25, well until your like 45ish. Lets just say that if it's below 200 a month I'll be shocked!

...ladies
08-30-2008, 09:25 AM
wow. lol. alright i talked to my parents about it. and they'd each throw in 50 a month (devorced) because of school and all. i can come up with 100 bucks a month no problem. i have another question though. my friends drive like newer cars. is insurance actually cheaper on them? like an 06 altima and an 05 civic. im pretty sure thier parents pay for everything cas im the only one that works.

Andrewhuffman
09-04-2008, 10:46 PM
wow. lol. alright i talked to my parents about it. and they'd each throw in 50 a month (devorced) because of school and all. i can come up with 100 bucks a month no problem. i have another question though. my friends drive like newer cars. is insurance actually cheaper on them? like an 06 altima and an 05 civic. im pretty sure thier parents pay for everything cas im the only one that works.

to an extent because of many reasons,
they are NOT sport cars
they have better crash test ratings
they have better airbags
cheaper to fix
front wheel drive (RWD are easier to total)
are pieces of crap... jk

but on the other hand, they finance their cars and muct carry full coverage. you should be able to pay cash for a Z and carry the minimum. like me. but im poor.

Add your comment to this topic!