Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Emergency!!!

cobraprince
06-20-2008, 07:10 AM
My 1994 SOHC Dodge Stealth is running hot. I checked the oil and coolant, they are all fine(the coolant could use a bit more but not much before max level). It is fine when it is started and the A/C works just fine when it is started. It is when it gets going that the A/C stops blowing cold air. But when ideling the car sounds as if the A/C is still on when I shut it off. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on this? Any help would be great.

Stealthee
06-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Your post makes absolutely no sense. You need to clarify what exactly is happening.

cobraprince
06-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Your post makes absolutely no sense. You need to clarify what exactly is happening.

Ok, my engine is running hot and my fluid levels are fine. After it warms up it sounds as if my air conditionor is still on even after I shut the A/c off. My temperature guage has hit the top red line and I have no idea why. Can you or anyone else help me please?

Stealthee
06-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Ok, my engine is running hot and my fluid levels are fine. After it warms up it sounds as if my air conditionor is still on even after I shut the A/c off. My temperature guage has hit the top red line and I have no idea why. Can you or anyone else help me please?
What does the AC have to do with it overheating?

You are probably hearing both fans running since it is overheating.

It could be a number of things. Id change the thermostat and go from there.

cobraprince
06-21-2008, 05:11 PM
What does the AC have to do with it overheating?

You are probably hearing both fans running since it is overheating.

It could be a number of things. Id change the thermostat and go from there.

Yes, I hear both fans. but should my A/C be blowing hot when it is overheating? And if it is not the thermostat then what should I check next? Is there anyway to check the water pump?

95DodgeAvenger95
06-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Yes, I hear both fans. but should my A/C be blowing hot when it is overheating? And if it is not the thermostat then what should I check next? Is there anyway to check the water pump?
are u losing coolant? if u are then could be water pump. if not then its prob ur thermostat. usually the water pump seals go bad and leak to much coolant and can cause problems. but just replace thermostat, cheap and easy fix to start with.

danielsatur
06-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Action -

1) Let your car cool down.

There could be an Air pocket in your coolant system,the water
pump isn't circulating the coolant threw the system right!

2) When car is cool,fill up coolant system 50water/50Anti Freeze.
3) Start and let the car idle with HEAT on Max.

Are you getting HEAT?

This will tell us that the Thermostat is open,and the water pump is pumping
coolant threw the Heater Core.

4) Watch your Temp gauage.

Both fans will be off for a period of time,and when the motor gets Hot enough,the
fan in front should turn on 1st.

Both Fans will turn on when the Air cond is on.

5) How does the Radiator feel to touch?

If your Timing is off,this will cause a over Heating problem too.

MCGIVER

Add your comment to this topic!