Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Belt Squeek! Help! 2003 Sedona Van

bearhat
06-12-2008, 09:48 AM
2003 Sedona Van issue

I replaced the Alt. and purchased the new smaller belt. it sounds like the belt is slipping. I tighten the belt yesterday it seems like its ok.

This AM I moved the van and took it for a test drive. I gunned the engine and I can hear a little squeek nothing like before.

How do you know how tight the belt should be? and is there any other areas I should look at?

jonesm099
06-20-2008, 02:09 PM
That belt should be pretty darn tight. no more than a half inch of play if you press down on the belt midway between two pulleys. Also, is your belt in good condition? Is it cracked or dry rotted. They only cost around $20 and may be worth replacing while you are under the hood.

lafreedom
10-16-2008, 02:15 AM
That belt should be pretty darn tight. no more than a half inch of play if you press down on the belt midway between two pulleys. Also, is your belt in good condition? Is it cracked or dry rotted. They only cost around $20 and may be worth replacing while you are under the hood.

That deflection on the belt!?! It would be best measured between pulleys that are the farthest apart from each other.

Add your comment to this topic!