Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Are the headlights automatic?

tim1210
06-10-2008, 12:03 PM
I have just bought a 95 900S convertible. I have a headlight switch that doesn't seem to do anything. The lights always come on when I start the car. Along with this problem, I have no dash lights except for a split second when I turn the key on. So I know they work but they fade out. Wondering if a new headlight switch could fix this and wondering if previous owner rigged something to make the headlights come on all the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mordac85
08-02-2008, 03:43 PM
I just fixed this one! It's actually the panel dimmer switch causing the problems. You may still have something wrong with that headlight switch, but I know the fading instrument panel lights are caused by the dimmer.

94saab900
10-05-2008, 10:21 PM
I have a 1994 Saab 900s. The parking lights work when the ignition is off but not the headlamps. This is partly so you don't kill your battery in the case that you leave your lights on. The owner's manual says that the parking lights are to be on only when the car is off and in emergency situations. If you try to turn them on while the ignition is on, the headlights will come on instead.

Add your comment to this topic!