Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 900: need sideview mirrors! radio advice?

thehippie777
06-02-2008, 07:07 AM
The 900 that my boyfriend purchased was in bad shape. It has had a lot of issues including the clutch and the heater core being bad. It was clearly unloved because most of the original everything was still in this car.

One entire sideview mirror assembly is completely gone (driver's side), and only the mirror is gone on the other side. Anyone want to make a deal??

Also, the radio in the car tells the temp & does the system check, but the radio itself doesn't work. Would new wiring fix that issue or did the radio's in that model have issues? I should note, the radio antenna is broken off all the way down. The car does have an old 6-CD changer in the back, but since the radio wouldn't even turn on we didn't know if trying the CD player would even slightly work.

Thanks!

Mordac85
08-02-2008, 03:39 PM
I normally get my parts from TheSaabSite.com (http://www.thesaabsite.com/) since their prices/shipping are reasonable. You may also want to try eBay for some items like the side mirror and radio mast.

As for the radio, it sounds as if the fuse is blown. The 4 holes are for the release clips and I use a contraption I made from a wooden dowel I bought, but you could use a wire coat hanger as well. You just need to insert some type of rod in both holes to release that particular side. The fuse is a normal auto fuse, 20A I think. You may also need the radio code if it has been disconnected. That should be on a card in the owner's manual.

Also, if you have door speakers, they are actually mini-subs so don't try replacing them with normal mid-ranges.

Earlier Saab's are nice rides, but can be pricey to repair.

Add your comment to this topic!