Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

BMW Temperature Sensor

Lindberg
05-27-2008, 07:12 AM
I just got BMW 2001 330ci and hit a tire shard in the road today and now my
outside temperature sensor reads -40F. I found the wire hanging down from the front left bumper. Question; the sensor is either gone(there is a small cradle that looks like something was plugged in or the wire clips back into someplace that I can not locate. Any help on where the wire plugs into or where the piece is locationed would be greatly appreciated. Possible website that shows a graphic of the area and sensor. Also where can i buy parts for this over the internet? Many thanks in advance.

jrambo80
03-12-2009, 03:48 AM
I have used www.autopartsway.ca a couple of times and they are pretty quick to ship parts and the prices are good but just watch out if you need to return any of your items, it can be a real hassle and they take their sweet time to refund your money, up to 2 weeks. I have been waiting 10 days so far and they haven't returned my money yet.:mad:

DavidWilliam
11-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi,
yes guys you all are right regarding this mater..
Can some one help me regarding this. At the moment, both my e36 and e39 temp sensors are not working. In both cars, the sensors came loose, in the case of the e36, it was lost. In the e39 it was dangling. Anyway, with the sensors missing, the temp reads -35 in the e36 and -40 in the e39. I have purchased replacement sensors and looms for both cars, but with the new sensors installed, the temp still reads -35 & -40 respectively. Is there some kind of reset needed for the OBC to read the replacement sensors?? Another quirk, the e36 AC is unaffected by the ambient reading of -35 while my e39 AC quit working when the sensor came loose. Could the -40 reading disable my AC, or is this just an unfortunate coincidence? Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated. For such a simple repair, I seem to be getting nowhere! Thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!