Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

!996 Bcm Issues

hotrodlincoln1961
05-15-2008, 08:05 AM
96 door lock issue I am having issues with my door locks,mine started when I replaced my BCM on monday,had to replace it because wipers were not working,and mechanic said that it was the BCM.Anyways to make a long story short,I replaced it ,and the doors dont lock now,I was told 2 different fixes,1st,get the BCM flashed or programed again,which the dealer said he didnt know what I was talking about,since they can not reprogram BCMS,the other thing I was told is to check and make sure the serial/part number from the used Bcm,matches my old one.Or this will cause things not to work as well.Also my console above my head that shows the temp and gas usage and so on also stoped working since having the BCM changed.Any help would be appreciated since I am a newbie here,and am totally confused.
thanks .
Mike

RIP
05-15-2008, 02:15 PM
It's critical to have the identical part number BCM. A model year can have several due to updates and accessory differences between vans. If you have the wrong BCM some accessories may not work. Could be your problem. Not sure but don't recal a BCM being reprogrammable except to update a van's mileage. The upper display is controlled by the BCM.

Add your comment to this topic!