Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help

marko18
05-09-2008, 02:02 PM
i got a seat leon 1.6 16v 54 reg, i got the engine light on, looked up the codes and found 16555 code stored which is fuel trim bank 1, which means system too lean. so what does this mean? do i need a fuel sender unit? or is there every way to test? please help me!!!!!

geeup
11-17-2008, 08:55 AM
:mad: :mad: The engine light is on in my seat toledo for some time and no body seems to be able to get it to stay off , BUT i also have a worse problem ,,,,,,,,,,as the two front doors are letting in water badly now , i ahve been told this is a problem with certain models but my mechanic has trid to reseal th einside door pannels with no success, have u heard of thie problem as i would be glad of any help ,
liz.

i got a seat leon 1.6 16v 54 reg, i got the engine light on, looked up the codes and found 16555 code stored which is fuel trim bank 1, which means system too lean. so what does this mean? do i need a fuel sender unit? or is there every way to test? please help me!!!!!

marko18
04-16-2009, 12:49 PM
hi liz,
i know what u r on about and does the water in come to the front footwells or the rear? is the car parked on a hill? if your water leaks getting bad, its the door regualor inside the door, u need to remove and reseal the regualor, if the leak is still there then u need to reseal the rear doors aswell! any more problems, just let me know ok.
hope that helps liz.
from mark.

WAMAutoBodyPaint
09-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Quite a few SEAT models seem to suffer with this issue. We recently had a customer with a 2003 SEAT Leon, and his passenger door was leaking badly. Fortunately for him however, door seals are readily available and inexpensive. If you're in the UK, a good establishment to check out for parts like that is "www.eurocarparts.com".

Add your comment to this topic!